The Comic Bloc Forums

The Comic Bloc Forums (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Green Lantern (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Frivolous complaints about Blackest Night (http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78017)

Cousin Cory Springhorn April 4th, 2010 11:51 PM

Frivolous complaints about Blackest Night

Lots of us liked Blackest Night. Some of you didn't.
In the end, there are a lot of things a disinterested party would have to say that Geoff, Ivan, and DC did well, but there are certainly valid criticisms that could be made as well.

This is not the thread for valid criticisms.

This is the thread for silly, petty, fanboyish complaints that no one could or should take seriously.

Here are mine:

1. Where was Black Lantern Bob Hope? All of America was waiting to see one of our beloved entertainers and stars of stage, screen, and comics return as a homicidal zombie.
2. Why was Little Cheese not one of the characters resurrected by the white light? The rest of the Zoo Crew was restored to their proper forms in the previous big event (Final Crisis), so why couldn't poor Chester have been brought back in this event?
3. The resurrected series in January was a nice idea, but no "Sugar and Spike?" Really? Why is DC so out of touch with what the people want?

ADGood April 5th, 2010 02:39 AM

Uncle Sam vs. Zombie Lincoln: Stovepipe Showdown. It would've been awesome. Disappointed not to see it.

Magog vs. FDR. No, wait - even better, Magog vs. Eleanor Roosevelt. I understand why they didn't do that tie-in, though - typically, you want your audience to root for the cape, instead of the zombie first lady.

Also, you can't see dark matter. That's why they call it dark.

jafabian April 5th, 2010 03:36 AM

Two words: Ambush Bug. No event series should be without one.

Mackaybear April 5th, 2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Cory Springhorn (Post 1592518)
Lots of us liked Blackest Night. Some of you didn't.
In the end, there are a lot of things a disinterested party would have to say that Geoff, Ivan, and DC did well, but there are certainly valid criticisms that could be made as well.

This is not the thread for valid criticisms.

This is the thread for silly, petty, fanboyish complaints that no one could or should take seriously.

Here are mine:

1. Where was Black Lantern Bob Hope? All of America was waiting to see one of our beloved entertainers and stars of stage, screen, and comics return as a homicidal zombie.
2. Why was Little Cheese not one of the characters resurrected by the white light? The rest of the Zoo Crew was restored to their proper forms in the previous big event (Final Crisis), so why couldn't poor Chester have been brought back in this event?
3. The resurrected series in January was a nice idea, but no "Sugar and Spike?" Really? Why is DC so out of touch with what the people want?

That is a serious error there, one that I'm sure DC will live to regret.....

And as to "Sugar and Spike" who could resist the idea of Zombie Toddlers....

TitansFan April 5th, 2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jafabian (Post 1592563)
Two words: Ambush Bug. No event series should be without one.

Yes....and yes.

I'm completely befuddled why we didnt have a Composite Titan Black Lantern. I mean, come on!..... We have Pantha's Head, Bushido's torso, Risk's arm, Red Arrow's arm, a Wildebeest leg, an Anima leg and plenty of cyborg parts laying around for anything else! We could have even used Black Lantern Phantasm as the Composite's cape.

Sometimes there's just no way to get over the disappointment of non-researched writing. I think I may stop reading comics forever. Farewell, cruel comicbloc. See ya next week.

oddballuk April 5th, 2010 08:15 AM

No Black Lantern Grant Morrison! :mad:

No Booster Gold fighting his own re-animated future corpse (buried in the present day)! :confused:

Mackaybear April 5th, 2010 08:26 AM

You know that brings up another point to me.

Why no Black Lantern Julius Schwartz or Mort Weisinger? Talk about scary revivals....

And why weren't parts of the book drawn by BL Gil Kane?

oddballuk April 5th, 2010 08:28 AM

Why wasn't the book printed on paper made from Black Lantern trees!!!!!

Why????? WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????

Mackaybear April 5th, 2010 08:31 AM

Ummm....best guess is that trees don't have fingers to put black rings upon?

Um...sorry, no room for logic in this thread........heh

KevinTBrown April 5th, 2010 08:35 AM

It came out on time. C'mon, that just doesn't happen!!

:p

Skeletor April 5th, 2010 10:32 AM

Phantasm did show up but was kicked off pretty fast.

Mackaybear April 5th, 2010 10:39 AM

It was the best "Big Event" book DC has put out for ages....but it should have crossed over or tied in with every single DC book being published for the months it was out...

Not enough crossovers and tie in books... It is to be hoped that DC will correct this for Brightest Day.

darthlucifuge April 5th, 2010 10:42 AM

Where was Bibo!!!
He should of saved the day!!!

JRM April 5th, 2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthlucifuge (Post 1592632)
Where was Bibo!!!
He should of saved the day!!!

Where was DC's first dead hero - Proty 1!!!! How dare they not recongize this uber-important character .... he should be in the 12 not some lameo like Aquaman ... :cool:

Jim

Mackaybear April 5th, 2010 02:17 PM

DC tends to forget about Proty I since Proty II took his place and made himself look exactly like Proty I.........

Mark MacMillan April 5th, 2010 02:30 PM

Shame on them for using Nekron... not when the sheer evilness that is Mopee is still out there lying in wait.