The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > The Comic Shop: Creators

The Comic Shop: Creators but wait, there's more!

Old March 8th, 2010   BrianT is offline   #1
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Default TPB Discussion: The Mighty Vol. 1

This is a discussion of the trade paperback THE MIGHTY Volume 1, collecting THE MIGHTY #1-6.

Basic premise is your standard Superman-type hero as the lone super hero of Earth, Alpha One, and his support organization, Section Omega, and how they go about policing the world.

I picked this up because my retailer gave me a great deal. Wasn't really looking for another alternate take on Superman... especially from the company that produces Superman. It was still an enjoyable read. The direction you could see coming from the very beginning, but I found myself to be along for the ride. I liked the origin for Alpha One, I thought that rather unique. And Snejbjerg's art was excellent. Samnee did a great job as his replacement. I may eventually get the conclusion, but it's not high on my list. Probably if I see it at the library, I'll check it out.

Old March 11th, 2010   stephbarton v.2 is offline   #2
stephbarton v.2
You can't see me...

I have to look and see what issue I stopped getting this as. It was an enjoyable series but as you said, you could see the direction coming a mile away and that pushed this off my "must buy" list.

Originally stephbarton (hence the v.2)
Old March 15th, 2010   BrianT is offline   #3
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Exactly. And I just realized that volume 2 isn't due out until August. I can't imagine my interest holding out that long.