The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old October 15th, 2011   Eric Q is offline   #17
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Some have said Queen Bee or Circe.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old October 21st, 2011   Eric Q is offline   #18
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Red Tornado is the machine!

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
This was a great episode, I really liked the Red's back story.

The JSA look great in this art style.

Rob Lowe does a fantastic Captain Marvel.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old October 22nd, 2011   Mackaybear is offline   #19
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

It was a cool episode but I hated that they were saved by others. These are some very powerful kids. They should more than be able to kick ass without always being saved by others.

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old October 22nd, 2011   Timekeeper is offline   #20
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

Can we merge the two YJ threads already?

I loved Zatanna in the new episode, especially her dynamic with Dick.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old November 7th, 2011   Devlyn16 is offline   #21
Devlyn16
CODA

Nice episode last night showing many of the Justice League members as well as the Injustice Society. Great look for Black Adam but personally, I thought the Joker wasn't done all that well. He needed to act and look crazier than he did.
ddf
Arcademan/PixieP View Post
WORST Joker voice EVER! Seriosuly even worse than The Batman.

If Joker is going to reappear I reccomend recasting the voice and claiming he was suffering from a cold/electro shock therepy.

Is it wrong to Quote the Devil if what he is saying is true?
Old November 7th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #22
jafabian
Like a light bulb!

Can we merge the two YJ threads already?

I loved Zatanna in the new episode, especially her dynamic with Dick.
ddf
Timekeeper View Post

I merged the Season 2 threads if that's what you meant.

Old November 13th, 2011   Timekeeper is offline   #23
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

I merged the Season 2 threads if that's what you meant.
ddf
jafabian View Post
I was thinking more the ongoing 36 page thread that had been the main hub of discussion until a few weeks ago. Here's the link.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old December 10th, 2011   Voxmaster is offline   #24
Voxmaster

Anyone catch this on Cartoon Network last night. Not to much of the regular cast, but it was cool to see Red Arrow team up with Aqualad. Also cool to see Ras al Gul and Lex Luthor in this episode as well as Sportsmaster and Cheshire. It will be interesting to see where they go from here!! All in all, a good, solid episode.
ddf
Capt America1941 View Post
that episode ran tonight and I caught something....really nasty of DC to allow that happen subtlely!

know what they did....if you DVR that episode as I did...I had to re-run again to double check to make sure that I was not imagining...okay here it goes:

the scene where Superboy and Miss Martian were treated as new kids at high school and right after Superboy grabbing Marvin...

Malcolm was wearing a Superman symbol = S
Karen Beecher was wearing a "H" on her cheerleading uniform...
and some guys wearing the Flash and Batman symbols....the result is: that word is expletive.

Old January 12th, 2013   John Casey is offline   #25
John Casey
Geoffan

L-Ron !!!!!!!!

Old January 21st, 2013   Scott Mateo is offline   #26
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

April 1: Despero, on the advice of his majordomo L-Ron, sets his sights on Earth's champions. He attacks the Hall of Justice while the members of the Team who used to live at the Cave are at the Hall to remove their belongings. Mal becomes the new Guardian to help in the battle. Elsewhere, Captain Atom attends a private meeting with the Reach ambassador and Black Canary interviews the Team members and teenagers abducted by the Reach, including Tye Longshadow and Virgil Hawkins.

April 2: The Reach ambassador uses his technology to remove the dome Despero had created around the Hall, but exposes the existence of the Watchtower to the public, which G. Gordon Godfrey uses as ammunition against the Justice League on his show. M'gann decides to take up residence at J'onn's apartment, where Conner confronts her about her strange behaviour during the battle. Meanwhile, Black Canary shares her deductions about the Reach with her teammates. Against the wishes of Impulse and the Scarab, Jaime informs the League about his role in the Reach Apocalypse of Bart's time and asks that they find a way to get the Scarab off him.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old January 21st, 2013   Scott Mateo is offline   #27
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

April 7: Bumblebee and the Atom try to remove the Scarab from Jaime's back but find that its defenses are too strong.

April 8: Robin, Blue Beetle, Impulse and Arsenal are sent undercover to investigate LexCorp's new partnership with the Reach, crop additives being tested in Smallville.

April 9: Sportsmaster requests payback against Black Manta for what happened to Artemis, only to find that the Light expected him to be disgruntled and replaced him with Deathstroke. He flees, and later Vandal Savage calls in Psimon to try and salvage Kaldur's mind for Manta. At the LexCorp lab, the Team procure a sample of the Reach's work, but Arsenal blows their cover and they end up fighting Black Beetle. They are saved by the Green Beetle, a Martian who chanced upon a Scarab like Jaime did and now wants to help stop the Reach. Lex Luthor and Vandal Savage meet to discuss the break-in and that the team did not discover the true purpose of the lab which involves some Reach chemicals entering the food and drink supply. Luthor suggests that they put together their own team of young enforcers.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old January 22nd, 2013   Jake1823 is offline   #28
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

So we're going Static and co. as an anti-YJ team. And man, poor Calder; he's totally going to get exposed by Psimon.

Where is everybody?
Old January 22nd, 2013   Eric Q is offline   #29
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

So we're going Static and co. as an anti-YJ team.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
With that they've been through I think Static and co. will become super friends.
Last edited by Eric Q; January 22nd, 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Old January 30th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #30
jafabian
Like a light bulb!

Weisman & Vietti Drive "Young Justice: Invasion" Towards Finale

Old February 7th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #31
jafabian
Like a light bulb!

EXCLUSIVE: The Heroes Go To 'War' In This 'Young Justice' Clip

Old March 16th, 2013   Lady Obie is offline   #32
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

The last ep of this aired after the finale of GL TAS this morning and like with my GL TAS thread post from a little while ago, I want to discuss some spoilery thoughts and will box them out of courtesy to those who will be getting their 1st views of this ep in the future

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Well, if one watched the last ep of GL TAS and was bummed because it ended with too many dangling plotlines this was even worse.

It was also an excellent ep but I know they were planning for future seasons of this and its a bummer we'll never see them.

One thing that surprised me a bit was some of the preview articles showed screen caps with Jay Garrick but unless I blinked or turned my head away at the wrong moment he wasn't there.

When the other speedsters were doing their thing at the end I thought he might end up joining them but nope.

But Wally did the heroic sacrifice thing most likely being absorbed into the speed force and I'm guessing if Jay appeared at this time he likely would've joined Wally in that and so it would've been 2 sad losses and I don't think they wanted to diminish the impact of Wally's death that way.

Bart taking up the Kid Flash mantle in Wally's honor was cool.

We've seen other heroes escape the speed force in the pre-relaunch comics so I couldn't rule out the possibility that Wally might be resurrected that way.

And the future storylines mentioned at the end would've been interesting to see, especially the new alliance between the Light and Apoklips but I'm betting that would've eventually fallen apart like the alliance between the Light and the Reach did.

Unlike the GL TAS comic, we know the YJ comic just ended so we'll be saying goodbye to this universe with the YJ cartoon and comic ending but it has been a blast and I'll fondly remember it

Jade: I'll take care of it for you, Obie.

Atom: Obie!? You call a thing like that--OBIE??

-- All-Star Squadron #25