The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old April 5th, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #1
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Default Marvel Leads Sales In March On Strength Of "avx"

Marvel [AvX #1?] on Top of Charts; March Comics Sales Down

MARVEL LEADS SALES IN MARCH ON STRENGTH OF "AVX"

Marvel Smashes Three Titles Into The Top Five For March 2012 – But Did They?

DC On March Sales; Tease FCBD Surprise, GREEN LANTERN Event

I think it's interesting that in the top 10 DC's titles are Superman/Batman/Green Lantern groups and the JUSTICE LEAGUE.

The top 20 has FLASH and AQUAMAN, both considered part of DC's Justice League group.

Now with the top 50 the only title not part of the Superman/Batman/Green Lantern/Justice League groups is the TEEN TITANS (part of DC's Young Justice group).

Might be something, might be nothing to take notice of (or maybe I just have too much time on my hands).

"See, that's not at all what I'm irritated about...I'm irritated that you're trying to be an internet 'tough guy' to me." - Jake1823
Old April 6th, 2012   superfriend is offline   #2
superfriend
laughs at comics

okay, so Marvel led in both Unit and Dollar Share? and recaptured 3 of the Top Ten, 2 of which are the #1 and #2 slots?

so basically, after a 6-7 month disruption it's status quo again for the DM?

is that right?

i might not have given new readers as much credit as they deserve. they learn quick. wocka wocka wocka

as someone who's been put out by The New 52, this could be good news for me.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old April 6th, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #3
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

as someone who's been put out by The New 52, this could be good news for me.
ddf
superfriend View Post
Exactly, though Bob Wayne doesn't seemed to bugged by it in that last link. Still, as history has shown so far unless this third wave has a connection with the Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, or Justice League titles they'll have little chance of succeeding. Somehow, I don't think WORLD'S FINEST and EARTH-2 are going to bring the masses in by droves.

"See, that's not at all what I'm irritated about...I'm irritated that you're trying to be an internet 'tough guy' to me." - Jake1823
Old April 6th, 2012   superfriend is offline   #4
superfriend
laughs at comics

Exactly, though Bob Wayne doesn't seemed to bugged by it in that last link.
ddf
Scott Mateo View Post
that kinda struck me as good old-fashioned message crafting. Wayne's making lemonade, he didn't come up with The New 52 he's just propping it up. and he won't be the one to turn it off either, if it comes to that.

Still, as history has shown so far unless this third wave has a connection with the Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, or Justice League titles they'll have little chance of succeeding. Somehow, I don't think WORLD'S FINEST and EARTH-2 are going to bring the masses in by droves.
ddf
really? i thought the E-2 stuff had its own Trinity and WF is basically Batman and Superman but girls. it just seemed to be another version of the Batman/Superman/Justice League. kinda like Ultimate Spider-Man, though billed as an evangelistic tool, just turned out to be yet another Spider-Man title for Spider-Man fans to buy. they say Batman Inc. is going to do gangbusters for the Second Wave...but that's just Batman for ya. slam. dunk.

but yes, as the principle used to go in the old analog dayz, there is a certain level of signal degradation with each successive copy. i doubt E-2/WF will bring the masses in droves any more than the Johns/Lee JL did. which is to say, the best it could hope for is being a big fish in this little comic book pond.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old April 12th, 2012   Sentinel119 is offline   #5
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

I might be wrong but the final count at the end of the top 100 was Marvel - 54, DC - 37. It seems like Marvel is still going to regain its previous position as top dog.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right