The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 11th, 2011   Tanker is offline   #1
Tanker

Default September 7: Countdown to GAMES

I'm marking my calendar. September 7 - THE NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES will be released.

I can hardly believe it. I can't wait.

It seems it's inspired DC's Retroactive One-Shots to be released the same month . Perhaps DC even recognizes this as an opportunity to reinviogorate the TITANS ....for now I think I'll just look forward to this 'lost tale'. And count the days until September.

THE NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES HC
Written by MARV WOLFMAN
Art and cover by GEORGE PEREZ
Legendary creators Marv Wolfman (CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS) and George PÈrez (FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS) reunite for a lost tale from their classic run on the best-selling NEW TEEN TITANS!
This original graphic novel features a mysterious villain playing a deadly game with New York City as the gameboard – and the Teen Titans as thepieces! Twenty years in the making, THE NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES is a can’t-miss for fans new and old.
Retailers: This item is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.
RESOLICIT • On sale SEPTEMBER 7 • 144 pg, 8.125” x 10.812”, FC, $24.99 US

Old April 11th, 2011   James Soward is offline   #2
James Soward

I am more excited about this than I have been about any comic in years. Marv and George on the Titans is in my mind the gold standard for comic books. Other creators have done amazing work together and produced some great series, but none has ever connected with me quite the way their Titans did.

"Just think of the possibilities."
Old April 12th, 2011   tamaranorbust is offline   #3
tamaranorbust
Geoffan

I'm marking my calendar. September 7 - THE NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES will be released.

I can hardly believe it. I can't wait.

It seems it's inspired DC's Retroactive One-Shots to be released the same month . Perhaps DC even recognizes this as an opportunity to reinviogorate the TITANS ....for now I think I'll just look forward to this 'lost tale'. And count the days until September.

THE NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES HC
Written by MARV WOLFMAN
Art and cover by GEORGE PEREZ
Legendary creators Marv Wolfman (CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS) and George PÈrez (FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS) reunite for a lost tale from their classic run on the best-selling NEW TEEN TITANS!
This original graphic novel features a mysterious villain playing a deadly game with New York City as the gameboard – and the Teen Titans as thepieces! Twenty years in the making, THE NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES is a can’t-miss for fans new and old.
Retailers: This item is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.
RESOLICIT • On sale SEPTEMBER 7 • 144 pg, 8.125” x 10.812”, FC, $24.99 US
ddf
Tanker View Post

I would like to know why there were no retroactive one shots for the Titans. Is it because they coincide with Games?

Old April 12th, 2011   Tanker is offline   #4
Tanker

I would like to know why there were no retroactive one shots for the Titans. Is it because they coincide with Games?
ddf
tamaranorbust View Post
Yeah, I would say that GAMES is a Retro One-Shot. The one that inspired the rest.

Old April 12th, 2011   Tanker is offline   #5
Tanker

I am more excited about this than I have been about any comic in years. Marv and George on the Titans is in my mind the gold standard for comic books. Other creators have done amazing work together and produced some great series, but none has ever connected with me quite the way their Titans did.
ddf
James Soward View Post
I agree. I connected more with their run on Titans than any other comic run. I'm looking forward to this comic more than I've looked forward to a comic ...since maybe JLA/Titans#1... a long time anyway.

Old April 13th, 2011   ronaldj is offline   #6
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

being a titans fan i may have to check this one out...

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old April 29th, 2011   Devlyn16 is offline   #7
Devlyn16
CODA

I have a gift Cert for my LCS that I've been saving for this.

Is it wrong to Quote the Devil if what he is saying is true?