The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Ron Marz > Ron's Comics!

Old November 25th, 2005   Kevinroc is offline   #33
Kevinroc
Curious onlooker

Will Kyle actually call himself Ion or will that just be the title of the series?

Can we expect Kyle to still play a part in the GLC ongoing? (I don't know if you can answer this one or not.)

Will Kyle interact with his peers more often? I'm especially curious as to how you see the Kyle/ Hal friendship (curious if you and Geoff are on the same page).

Old November 25th, 2005   Gremlin is offline   #34
Gremlin
Mischievous sprite

Ron please keep the Hispanic aspect of the character--he is one of the best presentations of a minority in the DCU aside from Mr. Terrific.

Also will Ion be on Earth1 or Earth2...

Grem-

Old November 25th, 2005   jafabian is offline   #35
jafabian
Eat drink and be scary!

Will we see Kyle's supporting cast again? Radu, Lee and Li, etc.

Will we learn more about his father and what he exactly did for the government?

Will we see Nero again? Will he and Sinestro face off? Or did he and Sin battle over the yellow ring and Sin won?

Is Ion more or less an aspect similar to Parallax?

Old November 25th, 2005   James Hunter is offline   #36
James Hunter
Master Geoffan

I have just one question, for clariication sake, is the title Ion or Green Lantern: Ion?

Cheers.

James.

"Any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for."
Old November 25th, 2005   Impulse is offline   #37
Impulse
Don't call me Kid Flash!

My main question at this point is whether this is an ongoing or a mini. I'm personally hoping for the former.

Old November 25th, 2005   keo is offline   #38
keo
Neo Geoffan

Hey Ron, Thanks for taking the time out to answer some questions. I have just one.

1.What other heroes will we see Kyle hang with outside of the Corps?

Be swift to hear, ready to speak, slow to wrath.
Old November 25th, 2005   Zoom Daddy is offline   #39
Zoom Daddy
Neo Geoffan

I am so excited about this series. I can't wait.

zoom
Old November 25th, 2005   Impulse is offline   #40
Impulse
Don't call me Kid Flash!

Nothing new per se, but there's a brief interview with Ron Marz about Ion over at Newsarama.

Old November 25th, 2005   Rene Ferrer is offline   #41
Rene Ferrer
Geoffan

Just a quick comment...

To me, that's one of his appeals. And I wrote Silver Surfer for something like five years, so I've done powerful.
ddf
I own most of your Silver Surfer run. At the time, I never thought I could take a character called "Silver Surfer" seriously, but I tried out an issue or two, loved it, and Silver Surfer became a regular feature among my collection since then, as well as one of my favorite characters.

As for Ion, glad to hear he won't be at the Godlike levels he was the last time he was called Ion. While I was pretty averse to Kyle during his run (Hell, getting rid of Hal Jordan was one of the things that put me OFF of comics for 10 years, with me only coming back because of Rebirth and JSA), he's become fairly interesting in Rebirth and Recharge. And if Ion will still be connected to the Green Lantern Corps, well, I'm VERY much interested in supporting the Green Lanterns as a whole, and I DID like your work on Silver Surfer a lot, so I'll definitely be checking it out.

After all, never thought a guy called Silver Surfer would become one of my favorites. Who knows? I may actually enjoy a book starring Kyle. Especially since all the garbage that was shovelled Hal's way is no longer hanging on Kyle's neck like an albatross.

SHAZAM!
The poster formerly known as Captain_Marvel
Old November 25th, 2005   Old School is offline   #42
Old School
persona non grata

the flood gates have now been opened.

let me know when ron gets a chance to ask ALL OF your questions. then ill ask mine

nice idea ron. but man i wish you luck answering all these

Old November 25th, 2005   Ron Marz is offline   #43
Ron Marz
Premier

Some general answers this time.

Yes, I'd like to expand Kyle's rogues gallery. Some of those I'm partial to: Fatality, Grayven, Effigy. We need some new ones as well. It's a big universe.

It's ongoing as far as I know ... but in this market, nothing's really certain, is it?

Torquemada? Hmm...

We're talking about cover atists. A few names in particular have come up.

I'm really looking forward to the challenge of doing a book that has ties to a franchise but also needs to stand alone. It's a balancing act. We have a pretty cool role staked out for Kyle.

Yes, the series will be in the same continuity as GL and GLC (and the rest of the DCU).

Will Major Force be back? Wait and see.

I really dig Karl Kerschl's stuff as well. Underrated artist. If we hadn't gotten Greg, Karl was pretty high on my list. No plan on the length of stay. The book's not even out yet!

Kevinroc, can't answer the first two, but Geoff and I are very much on the same page as to Hal/Kyle. Really nice story in the Secret Files.

Old November 25th, 2005   PeterCool is offline   #44
PeterCool
Pete DiMitri

How tightly is this Ion series going to be woven relation to GL and GLC?

Can we expect some sort of Kyle/Hal crossover, or is the intent to let them both fly on their own for a while?

Will you and Geoff and Dave be working closely together to keep all the GL stuff in sync?

"You've got to be smart if you're fooling yourself"

-- Aimee Mann
Old November 25th, 2005   Ron Marz is offline   #45
Ron Marz
Premier

Grem, as to Kyle's Hispanic origins, I don't expect it to come up one way or the other.

Expect some new supporting cast members. Last we knew, Kyle had left his apartment, right?

Geoff and Dave and I, along with the editors, sat down in San Diego and had a good session discussing a lot of things. I think it's safe to assume we'll be coordinating with each other.

I'm hesitant to answer most of the other questions, as they get into specifics of story and direction. As I said at the top, DC wants to keep this under wraps as much as poissible, so please understand if I didn't answer your question. Again, thanks for your enthusiasm.

Now everybody go buy Witchblade #92.

Old November 25th, 2005   Old School is offline   #46
Old School
persona non grata

Heres my only question. then you can get back to the chaos here lol

Ion was an unstoppable force back in the gl issues. There was nothing that kyle couldnt do as ion. Will he have any weaknesses? Or will he just be the the hero above all others when it comes to powers?

and congrats to the new title and thanks for taking the time out.

now go lock up those flood gates and catch a breath or two

Old November 25th, 2005   Ron Marz is offline   #47
Ron Marz
Premier

Lance, again, I can't give away anything specific. But I can say that having a lead character who is all-powerful is kind of boring. Don't assume this Ion is that Ion.

Old November 25th, 2005   Murci is offline   #48
Murci

Lance, again, I can't give away anything specific. But I can say that having a lead character who is all-powerful is kind of boring. Don't assume this Ion is that Ion.
ddf
Ron Marz
I knew it!!!!

I agree with you here, the Ion arc was good, but it was kind of boring having an all-powerful character that cand do everything while he is watching TV.

- would you like some more tea?
- pat cake, pat a cake!