The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old May 24th, 2007   Lady Timedramon is offline   #785
Lady Timedramon
Gar Logan's #1 Fangirl

TMI! TMI! TMI!
ddf
Pliskin MacReady View Post
???

Oh... be careful - magicspoon doesn't like people using their own smilies, which is why I can't use the devilish angel smilie I love at my site....

BTW, this is loosely Beast Boy related, but I found the FUNNIEST thing at deviantart tonight. It's "Baby Titans" - and there's lots of Baby Beast Boy.

Mind you, I was falling off my seat laughing.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48181247/ - be sure you look at the panels starting with the bottom link, and read the top link last. It makes much more sense that way.

Old May 25th, 2007   marburger is offline   #786
marburger
Advanced Geoffan

???

Oh... be careful - magicspoon doesn't like people using their own smilies, which is why I can't use the devilish angel smilie I love at my site....

BTW, this is loosely Beast Boy related, but I found the FUNNIEST thing at deviantart tonight. It's "Baby Titans" - and there's lots of Baby Beast Boy.

Mind you, I was falling off my seat laughing.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48181247/ - be sure you look at the panels starting with the bottom link, and read the top link last. It makes much more sense that way.
ddf
Lady Timedramon View Post
Those are some CUTE comics maybe worthy of being in the Teen Titans Johnny DC series.

Old May 26th, 2007   Lady Timedramon is offline   #787
Lady Timedramon
Gar Logan's #1 Fangirl

Those are some CUTE comics maybe worthy of being in the Teen Titans Johnny DC series.
ddf
marburger View Post
I was literally on the floor laughing with those.

BTW, to those who regularly find scans in comics... if anyone has any really good scans of closeups on Gar's eyes, could you send them to me? Large image scans preferably (increasing the size of a scan sometimes ruins the resolution).

I want to try to do a screensaver themed "Emerald Eyes to Die for". I know there have been a lot of great closeups of just Gar's eyes.

I've been wanting to do some wallpapers and avatars, but I just can't find any new, inspiring pictures - the kinds that just scream "avatar" or "wallpaper"

Old May 29th, 2007   Pliskin MacReady is offline   #788
Pliskin MacReady
Geoffan

Wasn't there a panel in the post-OYL Titans/Doom Patrol issue where there's a close-up of Gar's eyes when he sees Vic on the vid-phone?

Help save Matt Logan from limbo!

Join the Bring Back Beast Boy Brigade - Because Gar Logan deserves better than comic limbo!

Raven & Gar Fan.
Old May 29th, 2007   Saturn Girl is offline   #789
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

This is from memory...but didn't George Perez draw close ups of all the Titans' eyes in the issue where they combat the Trigon demon clones of themselves?

I am the one who knocks.
Old May 29th, 2007   Lady Timedramon is offline   #790
Lady Timedramon
Gar Logan's #1 Fangirl

Yeah... I'm probably just going to have to hunt down through the torrents to find what I want.

I want to make some wallpapers and avatars, but lately, of the few paltry pics of Gar we've been treated to lately, I just can't find anything that's avatar or wallpaper worthy

I want to work on www.garfieldlogan.com - but other than hunting down and begging some artwork and adding scans, I don't know what to do with it right now

Old May 29th, 2007   Pliskin MacReady is offline   #791
Pliskin MacReady
Geoffan

Find a good artist who you can [s]enslave[/s] hire and start your own Gar webcomic?

There's precious little else for us at the moment.

Help save Matt Logan from limbo!

Join the Bring Back Beast Boy Brigade - Because Gar Logan deserves better than comic limbo!

Raven & Gar Fan.
Old May 29th, 2007   Lady Timedramon is offline   #792
Lady Timedramon
Gar Logan's #1 Fangirl

Find a good artist who you can [s]enslave[/s] hire and start your own Gar webcomic?

There's precious little else for us at the moment.
ddf
Pliskin MacReady View Post
Hiring's out... not enough funds. Most of the artists I know are busy with other stuff...

If I had the money for prizes, I'd do an art contest - I haven't had one in ages (at one time [before the cartoon started], that was the only way I could get fan art).

Old May 29th, 2007   Icon is offline   #793
Icon
Advanced Geoffan

This is from memory...but didn't George Perez draw close ups of all the Titans' eyes in the issue where they combat the Trigon demon clones of themselves?
ddf
Saturn Girl View Post
Close up bars of "eyes", or half faces, are trademark Perez touches.

Old May 29th, 2007   DeTroyes is offline   #794
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

Well, Jake1823 linked to the Adam Beechen interview elsewhere, but I thought I'd highlight this little bit from the interview:

Lady Timedramon, Gar Logan’s #1 Fangirl: Are there any plans for Gar Logan?

AB: Yes! (Sorry, Lady T. My Legion flight ring would be confiscated if I gave anything away.)
ddf
http://www.comicbloc.com/index.php?o...=977&Itemid=57

Lol!

Lady T, sounds like he knows who you are!

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old May 29th, 2007   Old School is offline   #795
Old School
persona non grata

well at least this thread is getting us gar in #50 LOL

Old May 29th, 2007   Saturn Girl is offline   #796
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

That was very nice of Adam Beechan to answer fans' questions! Sounds like he's really excited for his two Countdown series, so best of luck to him there.

And very cool to hear at least someone out there is thinking about what the heck to do with Gar Logan. Hopefully it isn't just his appearance in #50 but something more prominent and long term.

I am the one who knocks.
Old May 29th, 2007   Lady Timedramon is offline   #797
Lady Timedramon
Gar Logan's #1 Fangirl

Well, Jake1823 linked to the Adam Beechen interview elsewhere, but I thought I'd highlight this little bit from the interview:

http://www.comicbloc.com/index.php?o...=977&Itemid=57

Lol!

Lady T, sounds like he knows who you are!
ddf
DeTroyes View Post
Yep (considering he called me Lady T, rather than Lady Timedramon, or LT, or LTD....)

Though I tend to get a lot of that around. I put a pic on favs at deviantart, and the owner messaged me with "OMG! You run the Beast Boy site!"

Heck, I went to a Portuguese Teen Titans message board and people there knew who I was.

Of course, if you do any net searches about Gar, my site is one of the first ones to come up.

Meanwhile, I still want to do some updates, but I don't know what... and the art selection has been pretty poor lately.

I've been debating doing a screensaver using the art commissions at my site, which would mean it's all black and white, but i don't know if anyone would like it.

That was very nice of Adam Beechan to answer fans' questions! Sounds like he's really excited for his two Countdown series, so best of luck to him there.

And very cool to hear at least someone out there is thinking about what the heck to do with Gar Logan. Hopefully it isn't just his appearance in #50 but something more prominent and long term.
ddf
Yeah. There is hope....
Last edited by Lady Timedramon; May 29th, 2007 at 07:34 PM.

Old May 30th, 2007   marburger is offline   #798
marburger
Advanced Geoffan

Hey Lady T, why not check out this website for Fan-fictional stories of Garfield ?

http://www.fanfiction.net/l/271/3/0/1/1/0/0/0/0/0/1/

Also could use some help with my tale, the one up top, about the history of Garfield as a Titan.

Old May 30th, 2007   Lady Timedramon is offline   #799
Lady Timedramon
Gar Logan's #1 Fangirl

Hey Lady T, why not check out this website for Fan-fictional stories of Garfield ?

http://www.fanfiction.net/l/271/3/0/1/1/0/0/0/0/0/1/

Also could use some help with my tale, the one up top, about the history of Garfield as a Titan.
ddf
marburger View Post
Eh.... I have a lot of problems with reading Titans-related fanfiction...

Old May 30th, 2007   Saturn Girl is offline   #800
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Eh.... I have a lot of problems with reading Titans-related fanfiction...
ddf
Lady Timedramon View Post
Me, too. Most of the Titans related fanfic I've encountered at ff.net seems to be written by kids. And 90% of the TT related fanfic I see at Livejournal is Tim/Conner. Nothing wrong with that, but not my OTP.

I am the one who knocks.